Monday, December 8, 2008

Bigfoot is a 281er?

Yikes… Well, I’ll pass the blame for my three month delay in updating to Hurricane Ike and the disruption it caused. Anyhow, by now things in Houston have firmly settled back into their routine, including me blogging on a regular basis.


Bigfoot, Sasquatch, skunk ape, ts'emekwes, whatever you call it, the possible existence of a bipedal ape-like humanoid cryptid existing in North America has fascinated many and long been the topic of heated debate. I myself was a fervid believer as a kid, but have since become considerably more skeptical. Interestingly, Texas happens to rank 5th in state Bigfoot sightings, edging out Florida and following closely behind Ohio. And, at least two of Texas’ 169 Bigfoot sightings over the past 20 years have been on the outskirts of Houston.

So, is Bigfoot lurking just outside the beltway? I wouldn’t bet on it. But, it’s still more feasible than the Pecan Bat Man cryptid that made an appearance in Houston back in the early 50’s. But, that’s another update entirely…

No comments: